Oil Teen Sentenced to Probation for School Threat, Corruption of Minors
FRANKLIN, Pa. (EYT) – On Friday, an Oil City teen was sentenced in the Venango County Court of Common Pleas to ten years probation for terroristic threats and corruption of minors.
According to court documents, Judge Robert L. Boyer sentenced 18-year-old Khane Aquemini Bisho Mabin, of Oil City, to five years probation for Terroristic Threats and five years probation for Corruption of Minors, both first-degree misdemeanor charges.
Mabin was also ordered to the following conditions:
– Contact the Mental Health Base Service Unit in Oil City to schedule an evaluation;
– Comply with any and all recommendations as the result of said evaluation; and
– Complete 200 hours of community service within one year under the supervision of the Community Service Coordinator.
As a result of Mabin’s guilty plea, the following charges were dismissed on February 8:
– Statutory Sexual Assault: 4-8 Years Older, Felony 2
– Corruption Of Minors – Defendant Age 18 or Above, Felony 3
– Indecent Assault Person Less than 16 Years of Age, Misdemeanor 2
– Corruption of Minors, Misdemeanor 1 (two counts)
– Sell/Furnish Liquor, Etc. Minor, Misdemeanor 3 (three counts)
– Disorderly Conduct Hazardous/Physi Offense, Misdemeanor 3
– Purchase Etc. Alcoholic Beverage By A Minor, Summary
Details of the cases:
Mabin was charged with a dozen counts after two separate incidents last fall.
The first incident occurred at an Oil City residence on September 9 in which Mabin was accused of misconduct involving multiple juveniles between the hours of 10:00 p.m. on September 9 and 5:00 a.m. on September 10.
The second incident occurred on December 19 at Oil City High School when he was accused of threatening to shoot up the school. A known male student told faculty at the school that Mabin threatened to “shoot up” the school and that he asked the known male to join him in the act.
Police say Mabin admitted to Oil City Police Officers that he made the statements.
Copyright © 2018 EYT Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of the contents of this service without the express written consent of EYT Media Group, Inc. is expressly prohibited.
Category: Local News, News, Police & Fire Calls