Introducing The Winners Of The 2013 Pokemon US National Championships
The 2013 Pokemon US National Championships have concluded and the winners have been announced. With over 3000 attendees, including 2100 competitors from 3 different age groups, this is the largest Pokemon Nationals event ever recorded, with people flocking to Indianapolis to compete in the Pokemon Trading Card Game and video game events. The top finalists from each division have received a travel award for the 2013 Pokemon World Championships this August in Vancouver, Canada. So without further delay let’s find out who this year’s winners are!
Trading Card Game National Champions:
– Carlos St. Denis, running a Team Plasma deck (Champion of the Junior Division, born 2002 or later)
– Calvin Connor, running a Team Plasma deck (Champion of the Senior Division, born from 1998 to 2001)
– Edmund Kuras, running a “Deck and Cover” Gothitelle/Accelgor deck (Champion of the Masters Division, born 1997 or earlier)
Video Game National Champions:
– The Champion of the Junior Division (born 2002 or later) is Beau Berg, who played with a team of: Tyranitar, Garchomp, Zapdos, Cresselia, Hitmontop and Scizor.
– The Champion of the Senior Division (born 1998-2001) is Paul Chua, who played with a team of: Politoed, Cresselia, Kingdra, Scrafty, Metagross and Thundurus.
– The Champion of the Masters Division (born 1997 or earlier) is Gavin Michaels, who played with a team of: Ludicolo, Amoonguss, Landorus, Metagross, Volcarona and Tyranitar.
Metagross always seems to be a popular Pokemon in competitive playing, so it’s not really a surprise for me that two of the top players had it in their team! There you have them: the winners of the 2013 Pokemon US National Championships. These winners will make their way to the World Championships later this year, so keep checking back to see how they are doing later this August.