Date(s) — 04/14/201812:00 pm — 5:00 pm
LocationElisabet Ney Museum
Good Lord it’s the SIXTH ANNUAL, SPECIAL SELENA EDITION of NEY DAY!
“Celebrating Women in the Arts, Sciences, and Civic Culture!”
Saturday April 14, noon to 5PM
Plan on joining us for our signature event remembering Elisabet Ney and her inspirational legacy!
This will also be a SUPER COOL tribute to SELENA, as April 14 is Selena’s BIRTHDAY! Dress like Selena and win a prize!
• Live music from:
Bidi Bidi Banda, Austin’s only Selena Tribute Band!
Missy Beth and the Morning Afters
Yes Ma’am Brass Band
Elizabeth McQueen is our official MC!
• Admission is FREE!
• Booths from a wide variety of arts and social groups will be present, including Women’s Community Center of Central Texas, Girls Empowerment Network, Design At IBM, Face Trace, Girls Rock Camp, Tree Folks, Asian American Resource Center – City of Austin, George Washington Carver Museum, Cultural and Genealogy Center, Little Cause Theater Troupe, Bibliographia, FRC Team 2881 – The Lady Cans, Dougherty Arts Center, and many more!
• We will also have food! Tamale Addiction, Daily Spread (aka The Kolache Lady!), Jim-Jim’s Water-Ice, and more!
• We will also spotlight the work of artist Catherine Lee in our landscape and our building!
• We will also announce the launch of the Friends of Ney, the new Elisabet Ney Museum Sponsorship Group, who are co-sponsoring the event!
• Produced with help from The Friends of the Elisabet Ney Museum, The Austin Parks Foundation, KUTX 98.9, and more.
• Please plan to use alternative transportation options! There are seven or more bus lines that stop within 3 blocks of the museum’s grounds!
• And note: The City of Austin is proud to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require assistance for participation in our programs, please call 512-974-3914
View More Calendar Listings